The Chamber is a membership based organization that has been the business voice of New Britain and its neighboring communities for nearly a century. The focus of the Chamber is simply business. We offer a wide variety of exciting benefits and services geared towards enhancing the business capacity of our members. Our strong partnership with the City of New Britain's Municipal Economic Development Agency provides additional advantages, helping us promote a vibrant community ripe for reinvestment! The Chamber invites you to explore such benefits through our newly renovated website, a valuable resource for both chamber businesses and city residents.
The Chamber is currently seeking a candidate to fill the position of Chamber Executive Director.
The Executive Director is responsible to the Board of Directors for a range of activities in accordance with the policies, procedures and By-laws of the Chamber.
• The candidate shall possess a Bachelor’s degree in a professional discipline relevant to providing executive leadership for an organization of this type from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience.
• The candidate shall possess experience in a business related field or other leadership position.
• The candidate shall present a professional and polished image to the members and the greater community through appropriate appearance, demeanor and communications.
Skills and Position Specific Duties:
• It is required that a successful candidate possess strong organizational skills, including the ability to plan, organize and implement long term strategies with an appropriate work plan to succeed.
• The Executive Director must have excellent written and oral communication skills as well as the ability to make presentations to groups.
• The Executive Director must be able to independently identify and resolve problems or make appropriate recommendations to the Board of Directors about available options.
• The candidate must possess the ability to analyze the Chamber’s financial position with regard to revenues and expenditures, possess a working knowledge of accounting and finance as they relate to the organization, and be able to provide the Board of Directors with budgetary and financial statement information. As part of the financial responsibility, the Executive Director is charged with ensuring that the Chamber is operating within its budget.
• A successful candidate must have the ability to understand the needs of the organization’s member base in order to retain current members and successfully recruit new members to grow the membership base. Must work diligently to anticipate and resolve member issues. Regularly arranges training, events and networking opportunities for member businesses. Must be capable of leading volunteers, organizing committees and encouraging member participation.
• Must be capable of recruiting and hiring administrative staff, assigning work as appropriate and providing sufficient supervision and guidance. Must be able to address disciplinary or performance issues as they arise. Must have a working level of human resource knowledge, policies, and regulations.
The Chamber offers a salary $60,000 plus incentives.
Please submit your cover & résumé with qualifications to:
35 Court St
New Britain, CT 06051
Fax to 860.225.4893